Your original comment was:
<----Nope. A delay board won't do a thing for the decode pickup time
and probably not for the release time either.

A delay board will help fix both problems.  The only question is how
much delay needs to be put into the system to make it work acceptably
(not perfectly).  The delay board we are going to be using is adjustable
for 64, 128, 256, 512 or 1024 milliseconds of delay.  (NHRC-DAD board).
I really doubt that 1 second will be required, but I gave my example
using the longest delay available to make a point.  All we need to do is
to experiment with the delay value and find and acceptable value.

73, Joe, K1ike