The band we are using is the 450-500mhz band even  though some of our sites
are .2 meg from each other The link system is 3-10 meg different from the
central station e.g.
Central is 473.575 ,S1 is 473.200,S3 is 473.475,S4 is 474.150,S5 is 470.450
and the link radios are 487.025 giving up to 8-10 meg seperation  from link
to repeaters .With our open we ran into problems with seperation linking the
sites that is why we setup a second repeater on the central site and paired
them i.e. 473.575 and 487.025 and that allows the other sites to be linked
all using 487.025.
We had 3 of the licences in place before we realized the error and then had
to improvise
With the private system we are at 483.900 and 489.1mhz and expect to setup
our private remote sites with more than 3 meg away from 489.1 which means we
don't require the second link repeater on the central site which should
simply things
I haven't had any experience with audio delays but what we do is we advise
the clients to hold their TX down for a second or so and then speak and that
overcomes the first words from being chopped off through the other sites .If
they follow that rule we can hear everyone perfectly.
Thank You,
Ian Wells,
Kerinvale Comaudio,
361 Camboon Road.Biloela.4715