Gregory,
  Thanks for the insite on the power and the available 10 meter mobiles.

  73,
  Steve / K6SCA

ac6vj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Hi Steve,

I have 2 1/2 mile distance between my receiver and transmitter on my
10 meter repeater, and have no desense on the receiver. One of the
important things is that the receiver has a high dynamic range. I am
using a Micor receiver because of its ability to reject nearby
signals. 100W is kind of high power for a local 10 meter repeater.
>From your location 40 to 50W is plenty of power, at that elevation
and should give you coverage from Redding to Fresno, and the lower
power level will help on your receiver defense. Don't forget that
your users will probably be using Radio Shack mobile radios that on a
good day can barely make 25W, and there antenna is not as good as
your repeater antenna. After all, you do not want to end up with an
alligator, but with a balance system that matches your users ability.

Gregory AC6VJ

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Steve Allred <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I am in the process of building a 10 meter repeater and was
wondering if I could get some help form you guys.
> What is the "best" distance separating Tx from Rx on a split site
repeater without creating a big disparity between "talk in vs talk
out", yet still provide the needed isolation? I have tried to
interpolate the DB horizontal isolation charts but with only minor
success. I also have modified DB pass cans to cover 29 MHz, so I have
some pass protection on the receiver and transmitter. Output will be
in the 100 watt range to an lowband DB201.