Ditto on seeing this same failure on RCA TAC200 mobiles.  I was surprised to
find that it did not seem to make any difference in the way the transmitter
worked.  I never bothered to replace the cap and the RCA radio continued to
work just fine, no spurious that I could find.

73 - Jim  W5ZIT

sgreact47 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               [EMAIL
PROTECTED] wrote:

 > I've had a 6.8 µF 35 V capacitor burn up on the GE VHF HB MVP.

 I have also seen this on RCA TAC200 mobiles, and TPL, Vocom, ect
 power amps.

 Could be a resonat condition in the tantalum, maybe a low esr
 electrolitic may be better.

 Electrolitics are used in most PA stages, ie Spectra, Mitrek,
 MSR2000, R1225, Maxtrac, Maratrac. I use low esr electrolitics for
 replacement.

 Maybe look at it with a scope and X10 probe for oscillation.