There are certainly exceptions but most people I know who do GMRS
didn't know enuf to pass a ham test -- which is the reason for my question.

The Desktrac is 40 (pardon my typo)

73

Jack

Kris Kirby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               On Thu, 24
Jan 2008 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > "I can't imagine why you'd want to go to the trouble of building a
 > GMRS repeater."
 >
 > It's for the education, experience and pride in putting something
 > together and getting it to work.  It also for ththe frustration and
 > fun that goes along with it.

 "Why do you keep hitting your head on your desk?"
 "Because it feels so good when I stop."

 ... And I'm working on repeater #2 now ...

 --
 Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 But remember, with no superpowers comes no responsibility.