Re: Interference on a 6 meter repeater

You are living one of my past nightmares... Let me give you
the probable fix first.

If you have them, try a number of attenuator pads in series with
the Yaesu Radio. First might be a 10 dB pad and back the values
down while testing for grunge.

I ended up using a 3 dB pad in series with the Yaesu Radio... the
problem generator radio still worked just fine in the intended
operation and the 3dB pad fixed the problem.  Of course the pad
will have to take the attenuated transmit power value.

Yes I tried cavities and shook my head when they didn't work (even
multiple cavities and really high insertion loss settings)
regardless of configurations.

The front end of some Yaesu Radios can be a real serious problem
maker... been there, done that, coffee mug and tee shirt. You can
tell the Yaesu Owner their radio is probably causing other problems
besides your issue and they should deal with it as best possible.
My fix was the pad option short of replacing the radio.

Try the high power pad... and hope the 3dB value is enough to
knock the problem out of the ball park. Let us know if it works
for you.

cheers,
s.