  From: Cort Buffington
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 10:24 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Amateur Mobiles as Repeaters, Part 13

  Guys,

  We heard from Skipp that the Kenwood TM-271A is very much up to the
  task of repeater service. What about other amateur 2m rigs? Anyone had
  good long-term success with anything else? Especially shielding,
  presence of logic and audio signals without butchering the radio
  (installing an option cable isn't butchering, cutting traces and
  soldering in here and there is), and a PA that doesn't melt down even
  when run at much lower power with a fan?

  73 DE N0MJS

  --
  Cort Buffington
  H: +1-785-838-3034