Hi There,

You guys may want to re-think a new repeater in your area on UHF.
PAVE PAWS has all but eliminated UHF repeaters within a 150 miles
radius of Beale AFB.  Check with NARCC, if you haven't already.  You
may be wasting your time and energy.  Try another band.

Shorty, K6JSI

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "roger_morrison2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "robertko2" <robertko2@>
> wrote:
> >Hello Robert,
>    I also live in the sierra nevada mountains about 40 minutes
north
> of the capital, I have one repeater up and running. If you would
like
> to land line me I can fill you in on all of the problems. (530)272-
1714.

>    Roger KG6TZT
>

> > Hello all,
> >
> > I just joined today, and have a delima. I purchased an antenna
for my
> > transciever/future repeater, but after all the work I'm about to
do, it
> > looks awfully small. It's similar to a scanner antenna the kind
you
> > would put on the top of your trucks cab with a magnetic base.
> >
> > I am going to use a 200 foot tall fir tree which is next to my
home in
> > the sierra nevada mountains. At the top of the fir tree I am
going to
> > install a 16' tall galv steel mast to attach the antenna to.
It's going
> > to be quite a bit of work, and I'd sure like it to be a success.
I've