I had tried the HT sniffer method, but it seemed to come from the TV
as a unit, and was not any better/worse at a given lead.

I've got to get the SpecAn involved and find out what exactly this
thing is radiating, and try to relate it to some fundemental
operation of a TV, and go from there!

Tnx

Mike - N3EAQ

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Maybe you've tried this, but taking an HT on your input freq and
sniffing around the TV might give idea of where it is coming from.
Might be on power cord or antenna.

> If on power lead could put simple inline wrap cord around choke.
Would act as low pass filter.

> On antenna lead might need a simple notch using a piece of 1/4
wavelength RG59 tuned to your input freq with T connector.  Simple to
make and sure it would blend in nicely.

> 73, ron, n9ee/r
>

> >From: raritansailor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Date: 2008/03/12 Wed AM 05:59:01 CDT
> >To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Repeater input getting
interference FROM a TV?

> >Unfortunately the TV belongs to the folks who are allowing us to
use
> >the site for free. I really dont want to bend their noses :-)
> >
> >I've discussed replacing the TV, but they're not keen on that
answer.

> >Yes, I am a bit gun shy WRT ripping into their set, I hope some
> >chokes on the leads buy me something!
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >Mike
> >
> >--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, George Henry <ka3hsw@>
> >wrote:
> >>
> >> Be VERY careful about doing the work on someone else's
property...
> >there are liability issues!  (If their TV catches on fire down the
> >road, guess who they'll come after....)
> >>
> >> Best bet is to offer suggestions such as Jeff posted, even offer
> >pay for the filters, but the bottom line is that it is 100% the
> >responsibility of the owner of the interfering device to eliminate
> >the interference or discontinue the use of the device, when
> >interference occurs to a licensed service.  Send 'em to the ARRL
> >website:  lots of good information for consumers there, and the
FCC
> >even directs people there!
> >>
> >> You might even want to print out the FCC warning letter that
went
> >out to the owner of a TV set that was interfering with the EPIRB
> >satellite system recently.  That oughta scare 'em into doing the
> >right thing!
> >>
> >> George, KA3HSW / WQGJ413

interference;