I spoke to a tech at a local radio shop, and he seemed to think that
there might be a transistor shorted.  He mentioned a large transistor
that attaches to the frame of the radio, and I do recall seeing some
modification around there.  I know just enough to be a little
dangerous, so I guess I'll get a little curious tonight, and hope for
the best.  I'd be open to buying a spare pa board if someone happened
to have one laying around.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I've seen on spectrum anal spur problems with radio shops turning
up the power on GE Mastr IIs and get lots of unwanted spurs out of
the PAs.  This was done of course as to impress the customer with a
watt meter.

> It also may not happen on the bench for a short time, but with use
it can get worse.

> I've seen it in other PAs, some linear or were linear when operated
correctly.

> I would say in most cases it was with the earlier versions.
>
> 73, ron, n9ee/r
>

> >From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Date: 2008/03/13 Thu AM 10:36:28 CDT
> >To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Master II  110w repeater
>

> >At 3/13/2008 06:35, you wrote:
> >
> >>Many GE Mastr II PAs will put out 150 watt. However, where all
this power
> >>is in freq is often not at the freq one wants...it is in spurs.
Looks good