Your are right about the tk-760 being only carrier squelch
without mods. I did one of these a few years back and came
up with a mod... but I'll have to look and see if I wrote it
down. Folks should note the difference between the tk-760
and the tk-760g model... the "g" version being a different
animal.

To the many folks who emailed me about the previously mentioned
(by me) book... it is a collection of notes, mods and sorted
out horror stories I've written down as I trudged my way
through years of two way radio work. As people request info
I do scan and share a lot of it via the sonic and repeater
builder web pages. Please check those pages first for a lot
of great information already on the net.

cheers,
s.