-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ron Wright
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 7:26 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Using Alinco DR-605 Dual Band Mobiles
for Repeater

Paul & Rob,

The issue with having the rig capable of transmitting on GMRS can be a
problem.

Many Ham rigs can be legally opened for MARS, etc use and this will often
open for many other frequencies.

I would say if the rig were in a repeater then a problem.  I would think
just having the rig would not be an issue, but having it installed, but not
used and especially wired would be a problem.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Paul Finch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/03/24 Mon PM 03:43:19 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Using Alinco DR-605 Dual Band Mobiles for
Repeater

>Rob, The Alinco equipment is NOT FCC type accepted for commercial service
of any kind.  Matter of fact it is very illegal to have them on those
frequencies.  Check out the Type Acceptance number on the radios and look it
up in the FCC files, it will tell you what you can do with it, the DR-605 is
a Ham radio only, I know I have one. The Standard RP-70 is probably Type
Accepted by the FCC for commercial use but may or may not do the bandwidth
required for GMRS which I think is 12.5 KHz, I may be wrong on that
bandwidth though. Whatever, it is not legal to have Amateur equipment on
GMRS, FRS or any other commercial frequencies.   Paul