A 555 would be a solution.

Off the shelf 3 minute delay timers for air conditioners are common.  3 minutes
might be a bit long.  Don't know if have shorter ones.

They simply delay an air conditioner coming on for 3 minutes if power is lost
primarily to permit the unit to come on when hopefully other conditioners have
already fired up.  If a large number of air conditioners come on at one time it
starves the power system dropping line voltage causing undue wear.

Now if all conditioners have the same 3 minute timer then still a problem.
Guess the timers are not that accurate so might not be a problem.

Just wire the contacts to the low tx power.

This would be more expensive than a 555, but could be mostly plug-and-play
solution.

I am sure there are other such delay timers.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Mel Farrer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/04/20 Sun PM 04:56:57 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Need  time delay circut

>A couple of ways.  1.  Using a NE555 as a timer, circuits are everywhere.  2.
>I use a 2N7000 fet and pull in a low current relay on the PTT line.  Use a
>regulated low voltage to a RC timeconstant you want to the gate.  When the
>voltage gets at the turn on point (around 2.2V) it will pull in the relay.
>
>Mel

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575
MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS