KE5TPN

From: Paul M Schmitter
That last paragraph is badly worded. Wheen I read it
the first time, I understood it to mean that the
reference to his website was the broadcasting being
written about, but after reading it again, it leaves
some doubt as to whether the IDer is also considered
broadcasting.

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/AmateurActions/files/BEDNA07_05_25_1078.pdf

> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "George
> Henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone point me to the specific enforcement
> case or warning
> letter where
> > the FCC first said that regular, periodic repeater
> ID's
> irrespective of
> > repeater usage were broadcasting and had to stop?
> The FCC's online
> archives
> > don't seem to go back far enough (seems to me it
> was in the 80's),
> and all
> > the references that DID turn up dealt with
> specific interference
> cases, not
> > the broadcasting issue.
> >
> > A news item in a QST or CQ column would be
> sufficient...
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > George, KA3HSW / WQGJ413

Access, No Cost.