Personally I wonder how much exception the local Magistrate would take if the
thief happened to start leaking a little being mistaken for some kinda bird n
all :)

To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 06:02:52 -0700
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] More on Copper theft

            It's already a big problem with AM broadcast stations

losing their ground system. Buried uninsulated copper

wire. Find one exposed piece and start pulling it up.

I wonder if amateur equipment insurance covers such

vandalism?

Bob M.

======

--- Terry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Somewhere around 8-9 p.m. December 15, The club I

> belong to (Mountain

> ARC)lost our tower at 2976ft. The area of the site

> received a blast of

> freezing rain, followed by several bursts of very

> high wind. This

> created the dreaded twisting effect that has brought

> so many others

> before it as well.

> We were still licking out wounds from this loss of

> 100 Ft Rohn 45, all

> associated guys, a db-224, db-408, my Diamond

> tri-band, and several

> packet beams on several different bands, when I got

> a call from MD

> state police to identify property.

> It seems that during a routine PC of the area, they

> caught an

> individual with almost all 200 ft of our 1-1/8"

> Andrews in his truck,

> cut into 3 foot lengths for recycling.

> I was afraid that sooner or later, junkie clowns

> like this one would

> figure out that hardline was copper. I wonder how

> long it will be

> until they start cutting the stuff off towers while

> they are on the

> air and disrupt police dispatch or worse, EMS

> network?

> At least my personal site has the feedline routed in

> a way that it is

> not exposed, unless they can scale the gym roof

> straight up. (wx3m.info)

Be a better friend, newshound, and

It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT