It's been awhile since anyone has heard from me, still shaking off the cinders
from all the "Flames" sent my way!

While those who "Flamed" are right, it was a stupid answer, I have noticed that
many (Most) times never get the original message of the thread.

The 2 week old post proves it!  There was even a reply to this very old post!
While I do not know what is going on, at least it helps explain the "dumb
posting"  I read several of the threads but either didn't get all the other
threads, etc. or they came AFTER I sent my message.

Please remember that thread went ON AND ON AND ON.

While had I all the postings I would not have sent what I did, please remember
all the "Experts" never did agree on this simple matter.  Many even suggested
to ask the FCC!  While I am new to this hobby I know this well from other
dealings with Government,  NEVER ask them for an opinion on something that is
really minor and no one can agree anyway.  Many times, you will not like what
they tell you!  Amateur radio is supposed to be "Self Policing" and should
remain that way!  When I studied for my HAM ticket, I was really impressed by
the fact for once Government is doing what it should do. Set-up a few basic
rules, provide for enforcement and prosecution for breaking of those rules then
stay the heck out of the way!!!  The more times we HAMS ask Government for
answers to really Non-Problems, we invite more regulation to our hobby.

On the same topic of our hobby, while I admit I made A "Dumb Answer", Those who
chastised me in the group format more than once is no way to build the number
of HAMS!   Most of the HAMS I have met are older, where is the young blood to
keep all going after we are gone?  I help to provide Comm. a couple weeks ago
for the local Boy Scout Canoe Races. I was so impressed when  young Scout came
to me and said "I'm A HAM!".  I asked him "What is you Call Sign" and he
replied "Are you kidding! I can't even remember my phone number!"

OK, this young Scout probably didn't use his HAM ticket but at least he had
one!  I think we ALL need to do whatever we can to promote the hobby to
everyone we can in particular the young ones!

Just brushing off the cinders!  Sorry about the dumb post. Maybe that is a
result of Spam Filters, different ISP's, etc.  I would LOVE to know why
something I sent 2 weeks ago just showed up yesterday!  Seems the same thing
happens all the time for me, just not quite that late!

BTW, I know 10 meter is basically dead due to the Sun Cycle. However I have
been given a 10 meter radio, Base and Mobile Antenna. What are the popular
freq's, modes and beacons for this band?  Hope this question isn't too stupid!
Just thought about it and have not even had time to search the net for the
answer.

PSS. Thanks for the help on the Astron P.S.!

Now have that critter working just fine with added V & A meters and a
resistor/relay "Soft Start"  Meters have been calibrated and re-scaled.  PS
never pops my weak house breaker and that should help the life of everything
without the "Hard Turn-On Surge"\

Now I have the 12VDC power to run almost any mobile radio as A Base rig.
Thanks again to all those who helped!

Bruce Bagwell
KE5TPN