Here is how I have my CAT-300 connected via the 15-pin accessory plug:

1    Hook Switch                               Must be grounded for unit to
transmit

2    TX Mod. input ground

3    Direct Modulation Input          This is where your CTCSS and/or DCS
output from your controller would go. (SUB TONE)

4    RX Discriminator output          This is the raw receiver carrier, this
is before squelch

5    TX Modulation input                 Transmit audio out of the
controller

6    Speaker ground

7    Switched B+

8    PTT

9    Speaker Input                             This ties to pin 12 to use
internal speaker

10    De-Emphasis output               Squelched RX audio    DO NOT USE

11    GROUND

12    Speaker output                        RX audio controlled by volume
control

13    COR output                              I believe this is an active
low

14    NC

15    NC

ALSO:

Remove/Disconnect the internal signaling unit.

On CN6 of the repeater (or CN2 of the controller end of the cable) apply a
jumper to pins 2&3, 8&9, 10&11.

If the external controller is wired CORRECTLY to the 15 pin accessory plug,
it WILL work properly.

NEVER use the internal controller with an external controller. You are
asking for problems.

73 de Mark - N9WYS