Skipp and others

The problem he is facing is really quite simple.

According to the service manual for the TKR-820, the so-called "CO" output on the 15 pin Molex style Accessory connector provides an open collector output LOW when carrier is active UNLESS the repeater is programmed for tone decode in which case the CO output is "tone squelch" based (I'm not sure if that means decode only output or it is AND's with COR). In any case, that's what the service manual says.

I spent a bit of time on the phone with Kenwood tech support about this the other day and they seemed somewhat "stumped" that it worked this way.

He sent me a couple excerpts from the service manual, including this one (which may be the most important piece of info from them so far - this is from Service Bulletin T-89-88-LM)

I've posted it on our website (with Kenwood's permission). This may be what Frank is looking for.

http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/rc210/t-89-88.pdf

Hope this helps

Ken