I believe DTMF tones come out of the RBI-1 to control the kenwood radios. I
don't remember for sure.

tom

To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 5/7/2008 12:06:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Still looking for an RBI-1; maybe I have to
buil...

Hi Guys,

>Woohoo, the Doug Hall "Rosetta Stone"! Thanks, Skip.

We need to go back a little deeper in history...

I think the format you have is the data going from the controller to the RBI-1.
Doug H based it on the dominant format at the time, which was the format used
by ACC to drive their "frequency control" shift register boards (designed for
thumbwheel HTs). Doug made his input format available to repeater controller
manufacturers in his "generic" document so we all could make our controllers
RBI-1-compatible. We added that feature to our 7K in V2.01. It's not that big a
secret.

The output format of the RBI-1, on the other rhand, is the format Kenwood used
to control a group of radios in the trunk from a handset (was it called the
RC-10? RC-20?) in the driver's compartment. His box was a protocol converter
that took the 48- or 56-bit stream from the controller and make Kenwood-speak
out of it. Wasn't trivial at the time.

73,
Bob, WA9FBO
S-COM, LLC

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL
Food.