  From: Paul Finch
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 4:41 PM
  Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Dayton 2008 Chuckle (Tac-Tec - humor)

  A lot of people made me feel bad when I told them I wanted $300.00 for my 75
watt Mastr II repeater station (not a mobile) complete with Wacom duplexer and
multi-CTCSS tone panel!  Heck, I could not sell a working RCA 700 desktop
repeater ready to go on 444.975 for 50 bucks!  I don't know what these people
wanted.  I think most wanted me to give them the equipment and pay them to haul
it off.

  A foreign type guy wanted to buy a test cable for $5.00, I said no, that
would be like giving it away.  He then offered to buy two for 15, said no
again.  I did come down a lot on some things but for the most part I held firm
like on the repeaters.    A guy told me he bought a Micor complete with a
duplexer for 100 bucks, I am sure he did.  I have been given a lot of equipment
like that but it does not mean I am going to give it away when I haul it that
far.  I would rather bring it back home and I did.

  The funny thing, I sold the GE Mastr II to a fellow club member here in Texas
so I had to bring it back anyway!  I still have a lot of GE and Motorola UHF
base stations for sale, guess I will try Belton, Texas in the fall if fuel is
not 10 bucks a gallon!

  Paul