Thanks.  Yes it is a high split.   N3DD3N110TB.  The freqs on the label
inside are all in the 47 mhz range.

Vern

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ka9gpx
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:03 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: GE Delta

> So now what. I would love to be able to slide this thing into 6m and
> use it for something.
>
> How does one go about programming one of these puppies? I have seen a
> lot of different things out on the net but nothing that seems to say
> the easy way to get it programmed.

Hello Vern,
If you have the "2212" chip (as opposed to the xtal vers...) there are
several ways to attack the programming issues... None of which is too
"EASY" but not too difficult either...Simplest is to find a GE dealer
in you area that might have the capabilities to do that....next would
be to purchase any of the programmers made for doing the XR2212 Chip.
This chip was also used in the GE Phoenix Series of radios so any
programmer for that line should also work...) There are several
available, such as the one from "RF GUYS,...There's also one available
from the NHRC group,. and if you don't mind building your own, you
might try the KG4LNE software and programmer, or the KA9FUR software
and programmer. ( just "Google" those sites)..sorry don't have the
links handy. There are also what's known as "Downloading Type" Control
heads available which will download freq & tone info to the radio
every time it's turned on but they too require special (tough to find
) soft/hard-ware...

> Will it slide into 6m by just programming it or does it need to be
> modded as well?

I've put 2 deltas on 6mtrs....I may have gotten lucky, but both
"Moved" just fine...No special mods required...They will however need
to have the VCO's reset, as well as the Recv. Front-end cavities
re-aligned. Also, I cut the power back to 45W for my piece of mind...

One Caveat...Are you sure you have a "high-end" split???? The Deltas
came in 3 ranges for the Low band model....29-36, 36-42, 42-50, One
way to tell is by the Combination number on the radio (if it's still
attached)...If you have a "high range" version, the combo number
should look something like...N3DD3N060TB...or N3DD3N110TB... The
"Key" is the 3rd letter...in this case the "D"(42-50Mhz)...a low end
vers.(29-36Mhz)would have a "B" in place of the "D"...a mid range
(36-42Mhz) would have a "C" in the 3rd position....Power is indicated
by the "060"-60Watt & "110"-110Watt....

Try the KA9FUR web site for some interfacing ideas (without control
head...also Buck's "Packetradio.com" web site...He has some
information there about using the Deltas for Packet,..but this will
"Guide" you towards a "Non-Control Head" set-up..

Good Luck,... Hope this helps...Hope I didn't use up this month's
"Text-Limit" with this answer...
73- Carl
KA9GPX