Roger,

Perhaps the best reference on the topic is the Uniform Building Code,
available in most libraries.  Another source is "seismic bracing" on the
Internet.  However, there are many "common sense" precautions that can be
taken, among them:

1.  Mount heavy and/or dense objects (power supplies and batteries) at the
lowest point in a rack, or on the floor.
2.  Bolt all racks and cabinets to the concrete floor with heavy-duty (1/2
inch or larger) anchor bolts.
3.  Brace the tops of racks and cabinets to the ceiling, or cross-brace them
from wall to wall with steel strut.
4.  Brace air conditioners, shelves, and any appliance or fixture against
the wall with heavy-duty anchors.
5.  Equip all storage lockers and cabinets with substantial latches on the
doors.
6.  Don't leave any test equipment sitting on a bench or table, where it can
slide off.

If your equipment shack is not made of reinforced concrete, you might need
to add reinforcing plates on the outside wall to keep the anchors from
pulling through the wall.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY