Well as you know, one is never satisfied with their own repeater.
Always wanting to have better!

Yes, the Dstar system is great.  I am changing the fiberglass vertical
to the Anitron-150 which is a set of folded dipoles.

I'm running a TE Systems PA and a Chip Angle preamp.

Yes, 50 feet sucks but, it's the law here in Laredo.  Nothing over 50'

I have not purchased Heliax in years and was a little afraid to even
ask due to the copper costs have risen over the last few years.

Hope to hear you on Dstar?

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Shame you can only get up to 50 ft.  D-Star is exciting mode and the
> telewave 4 can duplexer is good.  I would consider something other than
> the LMR400 for with their dis-similar double shields it can cause
noise.
> I would seriously consider 1/2" heliax and 80 ft will not be big
> investment.
>
> I am not familar with the Anitron-150, but since similar to the 220 it
> will play well.  One problem with fiberglass antennas is that they are
> made of coaxial lines that are often soldered together.  Lightning
tends
> to melt the solder when hit and being top mounted can be a concern.
>
> I think all ICOM D-Star gear is lower power than the 120+ Watts.
Wonder