From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 12:48 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: noise on exposed folded dipole arrays
and fiberglass encased antennas - YES

At 5/31/2008 21:30, you wrote:

> > Fiberglass encased antennas get blown to kingdom come more
> > often than exposed dipole arrays.

Exposed dipole arrays may appear to survive lightning strikes, but they can
still suffer damage that may not be visibly apparent. We have a Sinclair
4-dipole VHF antenna that became unusable after a near hit: it now
generates noise if used on TX. Perfectly good for RX, though. We now use
it for RX only & TX with a Comet GP9.

Bob NO6B