two words come to mind when recalling the VIC's

'syntax error'........................AAARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH !

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brian
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:18 AM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: software repeater controller

  Hey

  Back in the late 80's I made a repeater controller with a vic20. I
  added a little board to the I/O port for the TX transistor and cheated
  by using a 555 timer for the cw osc :) . There was a second board
  plugged into the 22/44 connector which had the program. The program in
  the plugin board had a program on it so that the vic 20 would run the
  controller program when it powered up. It was the same technique used
  by the plug in games.

  All the software was in assembly language. I think I had 2 of them
  running for a while, one ran for 10 years before I actually made a PIC
  board, which now had been running on that same repeater for 7 years.

  73
  Brian
  ka9pmm