Hello Gentlemen - I used a pair of Ringo ranger
II's some years ago and can possibly help with
your decision - The Ringo has a very limited life
at heights much greater than say maybe 50 feet -
I have seen them on roof mounts and push up
poles that were up for maybe 20 years and always
worked fine according to their owners - however,
at heights approaching 100 feet and greater they
are beat to pieces in a few short years by Mother
Nature - I am sure there will be exceptions due to
environments but for the greater part they will come
down either in pieces or to be replaced by a more
commercial type antenna - Actually the same will
hold true for the fibersticks - there is enough flex
and movement in the amateur products that they
also will generate noise from loose or stretched
wires internally that they at best will only hold up
at great heights for just a few years - the higher and
harder it is to get to your antenna for maintenance
the more chance it is going to need it sooner - Put
up the best one the clubs finances can possible be
stretched to and you will end up spending the least
in the in the long term. And you will have the least
repeater problems to aggravate your blood pressure.
I might also draw more return fire by saying anything
less than a DB-224 is going to cause you loss of sleep
in years to come - just an old man's opinion. YMMV
73 and Gud Luk de NĂ˜ATH, Dave