 From: "Ron Wright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
 Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2008 8:12 AM
 Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] china made radios

 [snip]

 As Hams we can operate these rigs.  However, they are not type accepted for
 the US and think use in commercial can be a problem even GMRS or MURS.  The
 largest market for these rigs are the mom and pop businesses needing some
 sort of HT comm.

 I am not sure what customs would do with these if they knew of the non-type
 acceptance.  Might be a problem, but mine came thru with no problem.  Takes
 about 10 days for coming from far east, think China or Tiwan.

 73, ron, n9ee/r