Bob,
That is good news. I thought your 8 can set would tune up much better
than the 6 can set I did. I had to mount the one I did on it's side
also. I just got a piece of angle aluminum from the scrap pile and
made a rack mount for the duplexer, so that it laid in the rack
horizontally. I have seen them mounted in racks vertically, but they
take up a lot more real estate in the rack when mounted that way.

Good luck and nothing wrong with a back yard repeater.

Joe - WA7JAW