At 02:33 PM 07/26/08, you wrote:
>This is a test message. I joined this wonderful group but my
>messages have been deemed fit for posting it appears.   -Mike

All new list members are placed on moderation
automatically - this is to prevent spammers
from using the yahoogroups list servers from
distributing their droppings. I'm sure that all of
you have enough offers to fix your credit score,
to provide pharmaceuticals, and to provide
"enlargement".

I have been out of town for several days (dropped
off one repeater and picked up four others and two
duplexers in two cities while driving 800+ miles),
and not checking my email at all (had over 1200
waiting for me, over 1000 which were junk or spam).
I was counting on the other moderators to check
for and approve any pending list postings.

I just now checked the pending mail folder and
found 10 messages, and approved 8 of them, three
of which were from Mr. Ryan (two were spam
droppings).

Unfortunately, until someone cures the spam
problem we will not be able to run an open list,
and any postings from new members will be
delayed until the owner or one of the moderators
logs in and approves it.

My personal rule is to remove any licensed ham
from moderation with his first posting. Others I wait
until the second or third posting. Unfortunately not
every persons yahoo ID or first posting has a
callsign in it.

BTW this list has one owner and 8 moderators.

The method seems to work - the proof is this:
how many spam messages have you seen on
this list in the last five years?

Mike WA6ILQ