After STRUGGLING with a controller, the name of which I will withhold to
protect the innocent, I am frustrated. I was told it had good bang for the
buck. I want to be able to control a freq agile radio such as an FT-100D to
act as a remote base, to work fm on 10, 2 or 6 or 440 from my repeater. This
should not be too fancy nor hard given what I am hearing from many who have
been on this and other sites. The controller that I have chosen has 4 ports,
and though linking to the 2nd port has not been the issue, once there I seem
to have NO freq control any other control, over the radio. Why must I
program the radio as a Kenwood when it is a Yaesu anyway?  Why does the
control cable to the computer have to be removed if I want to also hook it
up to the radio?  Why does the clock never stay on or accurate even when a 9
volt battery is on it 24/7?  If you have one of these apparently popular
controllers and no something about the care and feeding I would like to hear
from you PLEASE.  I read my eMail many times a day especially at 2 and 10, 2
and 10.  - Thanks.

-          Mike