One of the groups I was with used a G6-270R for a few years. It seemed to work about as well as a similar sized (but a LOT thicker) commercial antenna that we'd also used. Feedline was the same and they were both about the same height on top of a building. I know there have been a lot of complaints here about the Hustlers, so I'm about to use a Diamond X50 on a project instead of another G6-270R. I figure if the Diamond doesn't work out, it was only $100. Sure, I know, a DB-420 is better, but sometimes you have to hide the little ham antenna amongst the big other ones so nobody notices it :) Good site with an X50 is going to beat the top of my house with a DB-420.

On Aug 6, 2008, at 4:43 PM, Joe wrote:

From the few reports I have heard, the G6 for the 440mhz band is a loser.

Joe

--