No such thing as a good quality scanner receiver when compared to a
commercial quality setup. A scanner is a receiver of compromised design.  Not
something that would ever be suitable for a base or repeater  setup.
You need to have your current setup evaluated by a 2 way professional. (I
wish they would bring back the days of the licensed radio technician for land
mobile)

Chris
N9LLO
P1-18-50354

In a message dated 8/12/2008 5:08:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,