John J. Riddell wrote:
> One problem that I have found with pre-threaded 10-32 holes on racks etc, is
> that they paint them
> after they thread the holes. If you try to turn a screw in these holes, it
> will likely twist off.

Painting rack rails? Yikes...

> The best way to clean them out is to get a 10-32 tap and put it on the drill
> chuck and carefully
> run it in.   Some racks that we use at work, have a peice of steel just
> behind the rack screw holes so you
> have to be really careful with a drill tap in these or you'll twist the tap
> off.
>
> We use 10-32 Robertson screws,  square head type.  (A Canadian invention).
>
> For racks with slightly larger holes that are not threaded, we use 12-24
> self tapping screws.
>
> I think the original question on this thread was to find the clips for those
> racks that have a square
> hole in them instead of 10-32 holes, and several people have given good
> suggestions as to where to
> locate these.
>

> John VE3AMZ

Yeah-I've seen some with that thread too-a bit tougher to find screws
for it, yes.

I saw where he mentioned GE cabinets, and all the ones I've seen had
10-32 threaded holes or holes drilled to the size to thread as 10-32.
In fact, the Mastr III's I helped install 2 years ago were set up for
that, and we had some minor issues with the racks the customer wanted
them in, since they were the 12-24 style microwave racks, and we didn't
have any 12-24 screws...emergency trip to nearest hardware store...

Now Motorola cabinets on the other hand mostly have 1/4" holes for the
tinnerman nuts he was talking about...