That is only true if you choose to get a coordination. It is not mandatory. Only if some kind of interference complaint surfaces does the fcc place creedance of any kind to the coordination thing. There are many repeaters on the air in the US that have not had not do they currently have a coordination. There is no law that says you must get a coordination.

Joe Burkleo wrote:
Actually it is your local coordination body that counts. I just
recently coordinated a new 6 Meter repeater for here on the Oregon
Coast. Our council, ORRC is coordinating 1.7 MHz splits here and has
been since 2003 or earlier. My pair is 52.93/51.23. I would not be
surprised to still find a couple repeaters left here in the state on
the old 1 MHz split as well.

90 Feet of vertical separation, especially with a filter or two,
should work very well. Hopefully your Micor has the factory extender
option. That coupled with a low noise preamp (such as those made by
Angle Linear), should be a pretty good repeater.

Good Luck,
Joe - WA7JAW

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That is still correct. I just checked. Arrl has made some suggestions. HOWEVER! THE ARRL IS _NOT_ THE FCC. THE FREQUENCIES THE FCC AUTHORIZES ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT COUNT!

Chuck Kelsey wrote:
That's news to me. I've run a 6-meter repeater for years and had
involvement
for years before that. The split in our region is 1 MHz, although
you can
get some pairs at 500 kHz if you really want one there.

Chuck
WB2EDV

The repeater is a motorola micor station lo-band repeater retuned to
the 6 meter band running 100 watts. The 1.7 mhz is the new aloted
band
plan split for 6 meter band in the US.