Fred Seamans wrote:
> To All: GE *Did* make a solid state 200 watt UHF Transmitter. They used
> a 100 watt PA driver to two 100 watt PA’s less the 40 watt driver board
> and then recombined the two 100 watt to get 200 watts out.
>
> They sure are not efficient! I agree it would be better to use a 100
> watt PA at reduced power. However the 100 watt PA’s are rated at 100
> watts continuous power output. (That is key down for 24 hours with no
> degradation in power output).
>
> Fred W5VAY (Retired GE Mobile Radio)

Yes, someone pointed that out to me off-list.

There was an optional setup that could be purchased that used two of the
100W PA's driving into a combiner setup to get to something near 200W.

It's not common to find those on the used market -- so I'll stick by my
comment to the gentleman looking for one, he's *probably* not going to
find one...

Thanks to Larry and some other folks who e-mailed off-list to get the
"correct" info out -- always good to be accurate!  :-)

Nate WY0X

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: