One of our engineers had a factory tour of EMR.
They did NOT calculate critical cable lengths, rather they had a pile
of various length cables that they swapped in until it met specs.
They were NOT optimized.

That same engineer finally got a SWAG from them that the loops in the
EMR cavities are approximately 1/10th of a wavelength for calculation
purposes.
That figure seems to have served us well over the last few years.
I'll ask whether I can publish the spreadsheet that we use for those
calculations.
We use an HP 8711C network analyser to setup the cavities for our UHF
radio system, and various other users [VHF, UHF, 800].

Walter, KD7BJJ

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "kb9bpf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Many writings about the optimum length of cavity interconnecting
cables
> mention that the length of the coupling loops needs to be taken
into
> account, but they don't get any more specific.
>
> Does that mean the length of the conductor in the loop
(circumference