I can't be 100% sure about your particular radio, but years ago I had
a Motrac on 52.525 and I do not remember changing any parts. It was a
high split radio on 47 MHz. I do remember it had the noise blanker
option and it tuned up very well and met rated sensitivity and the
power out was right on also.

I had it in my old 4WD ford pickup for close to 10 years, and it never
gave me any trouble at all.

Joe - WA7JAW