> For now I received permission to link directly on their input until
> the club installs a remote base and yagi next spring.
>
> There repeater is about 20 air miles away. I am using a 5 element UHF
> Yagi about 45 feet up a 170 Rohn 65 at my hub site!
>
> The Yagi is facing due West. The link works fantastic with 5 watts
> however I am receiving a 440 MHZ repeater on the same input over 100
> air miles away to the South. 90 degrees off the side of the Yagi.

...which is why "linking on the input" of another repeater is considered bad
practice.  Not only are you hearing another repeater's output, but there's
just as good of a chance that your link transmitter is also being heard by
the other repeater's receiver.

> So my question is. Any input to solve this antenna related problem to
> Buffer that weak signal from the south?

1.  Use an antenna with a cleaner pattern.  Yagis are pretty sloppy.  A log
periodic, panel, or corner reflect would be better choices.

2.  Phase two antennas to give a null in the direction of the undesired
repeater.  The fact that the unwanted repeater is 90 degrees off-axis makes
this a pretty simple task.

3.  Use something to shield the antenna from the unwanted repeater (move to
the other side of the tower, for example)

4.  Lower the height of your link antenna.

5.  Given that the desired target is only 20 miles away, my guess is that
you could probably add a whole lot of attenuation in-line between your link
radio and the antenna and still be DFQ both ways.

                                        --- Jeff WN3A