From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Oct 3, 2008 3:07:08 AM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Portable Temporary Repeater

<<"Observations, suggestions, and your crazy are appreciated!">>

Unfortunately I have to add myself to the list of naysayers but to
answer as you requested:

"Basically the question is: at a 2 mhz seperation (odd split) on VHF
can one get away without using duplexers (cans), utilizing separate
rx/tx antenna's, spaced about 20 ft apart! Without desense or other
issues"

NO.  Inadequate physical separation, inadequate frequency separation,
especially using the equipment described.

"Being such a remote area, and the nearest 2 meter repeater is well
over 50 miles away, and nowhere near these frequencies - 145.500
rx/147.500 out using a tone of 179.9, I do not see any interference
issues there!"

As you suggest, the likelihood of interference is small but NOT
nonexistent.  If it were me, I think I'd have a receiver (on carrier
squelch) monitoring your repeater output just for the purpose of CYA.
 Overkill?  Maybe, but as the movie actor asked, "Do you feel lucky
today?"  At least you could answer truthfully that the frequency was
monitored.