From: Chappy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Kenwood battery back-up
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, October 6, 2008, 5:44 PM

    Our club has recently acquired a
TKR-750 and a TKR-850,
to replace an aging hodgepodge of repeater
components.  Both
the TKR's are co-located and share a Link RLC
controller.
    We want to use the excellent
battery-backup provisions of
the TKR's, with a Wal-Mart marine battery.  We
plan to connect
the one battery to both repeaters' battery
ports in parallel, but
activate the charging jumper on only one
repeater.
    I guess we just want reassurance
that there are no problems
with this arrangment;  any comments will be
appreciated!

Chappy Rice kd4ss

 _._,___