At 08:22 AM 10/30/2008, Gran Clark wrote:

>If the pins are silver plated would moth balls be in
>order? Remember the moth balls in the Centralab switch boxes to
>prevent oxidation?

<---I agree with Mike about the contact cleaner - I used to have some
issues with one of my MastrII repeater connectors too until I cleaned
'em. Haven't had a problem in many years since.

And on a side note - the contacts aren't silver plated, they're
nickle plated. If they were silver then oxidation wouldn't be a
problem as silver oxide is an excellent conductor of electricity!
(why do you think they silver plate high current RF circuits?)

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"