The "company" Line (Federal Candy Company) is that your coordinated
repeater trumps his "uncoordinated" repeater in a claim of interference.

The difficulty here seems that you didn't transmit on the input, you
just listened on the output, when you were searching for frequencies.
The repeater coordinators just went by their paperwork in making their
assignment, with no "field tests."

While the need for frequency coordination is evident, the coordinating
body needs to confirm that the "expired" repeater is indeed off the
air through notifications to the previous operator and "field testing."

It would be interesting to hear the coordinators side of the story to
figure this out.

If you have tone squelch on your mobile receiver, is the other
repeater interfering with your communications? If so, are there just 2
repeaters in the same area just for the sake of having repeaters? Who
has the best site? Who has the best setup? Maybe you can get together
and make one super repeater.

LW

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Camilo So" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi sorry for out of topic question, because most of the friend I
have ask no one can give an answer or advice that is why I am turning
to this group for help and advice, regarding.The pair of repeater
frequency that I applied for, First I went to the FRC (Florida
Repeater Council) website, and look for frequency that is not listed,
and I did monitor the frequency (444.425 MHZ) for traffic or qso it's
quiet,Then I applied for the freq. and it was approved by FRC, The
problem is when I turn my Repeater on (with PL), I was bringing
another repeater up on csq (carrier squelch). Then I send an email to
the FRC reporting that there is a repeater on that freq, and they
found out that the repeater freq belong to KA4DFX according to the
coordinator that his permit expired two years ago, and they want the
director of district 1 W4HN to contact KA4DFX to convince him to apply
for a frequency coordination, but W4HN is blaming me, in his email he
told me to listen before turning my repeater on because in HF if some
one is having a QSO and you are calling cq,cq, I am interfering
someone qso, but this repeater is quiet no qso no one knows there is a
repeater, on that freq, its not listed on the new updated FRC website,
to make this story short, I am not trying to step

> On somebody shoes, I just want to contact KA4DFX, to ask him a favor
if it's possible for him to put a PL on his repeater, and I don't mind
sharing the frequency with him.

> But looking at qrz he doesn't have an address just (P.O. Box) and no
email address. I know it's not my job to contact him, if any one has
any suggestion or advice please let me know, I am open for comments
Thanks to all.