Guys,

I talk to Collin at least a couple of times a week on our local repeaters.
In this case, he's probably going to have a total horizontal separation of
perhaps a quarter-mile.  I think his is a fairly unusual case, but I'm
guessing that gain and beamwidth are pretty much moot for his application.
He told me today that he'll probably be running DCS instead of CTCSS and
given the area he's in (out in the sticks) I'd bet he's the ONLY guy running
DCS.

I'm anxious for him to get everything up and running because his system will
be a fairly short distance from one of the repeaters I maintain and it may
enable us to do some linking and provide a fairly large footprint if we ever
need wide-area coverage for disaster communications.

I was involved with a split-site system in the mid to late-seventies, but we
linked via a leased phone line.  The system worked great, but we always had
that 'phone-line hum'.

73,

Mike

WM4B