An idea is to use a simple repeater controller connected to the radios'
speaker-mic connections.

one radio will receive only, one radio will transmit only. Make sure you
keep them separated about nine feet or greater if you are going to use
the amp on the one that is going to transmit.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ