Hi guys.
We finally secured a "brck" type UHF amp for our hamtronics machine.

The Hamtronics puts out 7 watts after all the filtering into my Bird
Termaline wattmeter.  This needs to be knocked down to below 4 watts
so as to not over drive the outboard amp.  I had 2 options - one is to
insert a pass-can into the TX line before the new amp. I have one at
home. Tuned it to the correct frequency and it has an insertion loss
of about 3db or so.  The other suggestion from Hamtronics is to drop
the V+ to the internal PA of the repeater to 11 volts or so (I can
insert 3 or 4 diodes in series with the V+ to the PA to do this).
But , in any case, we will need to make 2 patch cords.  Is the length
critical (i.e. electrical 1/4 wave or odd multiple thereof) work or
will any convenienient short length work? We have some 9913 for this.

Also, the way the repeater is configured right now, at the TX port of
the repeater (before the filtering) there is a circulator.  Should the
circulator now be installed after the outboard amp? Or leave it where
it is?

Thanks.

Ian
VA2IR