The word from the Motorola shop that we got the repeater from was
that a lightning strike is what hosed it. We tried to bypass the
toint were the 9.6v comes in and then stops via the ribbon cable bit
all it does is get real hot and burns up the jumper. The 5v supply is
working at 5v unloaded but when the jumper is put back in it drops to
3.2v. The SSCB tries to boot but the test panel just shows FF and
nothing else works. Tried applying 9.6v to the test point but nada..
it musta been a st. elmos fire that nailed it. There is no external
indication of a lightning strike as in anything blasted apart or
anything else.. It would seem that just the SSCB bit the dust.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Must have been a serious short circuit on the 9.6V line to burn the
inner foil. I'm very surprised. Are you just missing 9.6V on various
ICs, or has that foil actually shorted to other layers? Did it take
anything else with it (like the 9.6V line in the flat cable that
plugs into the SSCB)?

> Theoretically any VHF/UHF/800 MHz SSCB should work in that unit.
There's no physical difference between a CXB and an RLB in the area
you've got problems with.