    *From:* Kevin Custer <mailto:kug...@kuggie.com>
    *To:* Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
    *Sent:* Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:02 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [Repeater-Builder] Holiday Special - MICOR 2 meter
    receiver conversion from W3KKC

    Tom,

    You say you find similar operation on 4 or 5 units.  By that do
    you mean they won't make book specification on any frequency below
    146 MHz?  If that is the case, I would believe something is
    wrong.  I have seen many Mitrek high-band receivers that were
    tuned for 144 something and had very good sensitivity.

    Let me ask you this....   When tuned at 144.89, is the front-end
    tuning all "one ended", or is there adjustment to spare?  In other
    words, can you tune the front-end without the fear of the tuning
    screws falling into the casting?  If you have room left to go
    lower in frequency, then the front-end is not the problem, and
you'll need to look elsewhere for the lack of sensitivity. Another question - do these 4 or 5 units tune and make book spec
    sensitivity on their original high-band channel?

    I guess what I'm saying is I doubt the problem is the front-end
    helical resonators, but if there is a need for a conversion I'm
    not opposed to looking into making a modification available, if it
    is needed.  If there are others on the list that have had good
    luck with the Mitrek on frequencies below 146 MHz, please chime in
and let us know what you have and how well it works.
    Kevin

    Hello Kevin
        You are correct on your freqs for xmit and rcv.  The Mitrek
    units I  have will only tune receive to 146.00Mhz.  This leaves
    more than one meg to go to meet tolerance on 144.890.  I have
    tried 4 or 5 units and find similar operation of all.  This is
    the reason for my question about the Micor coils working for
    Mitrek.  Thanks.  73 de Tom Manning, AF4UG