At 12/18/2008 10:02, you wrote:
>Hi Rick -- I am new to the group so I have not seen all of the posts with
>regards to your problem on the 7000. However, one thing that
>you may want to check is whether the PL is feeding back into the RX from
>the TX, if the tones are the same. I have seen this several
>times in the past on different machines and it is always annoying.
>
>Don't assume that just because you can run PL in and out that it will be
>able to run the same tone.

Why not?  If something is mixing the output back to the input, normally
you'd want to find & eliminate it since it's necessarily causing
desense.  Running different or "split tones", can serve to cover up the
problem if it's external to your equipment and out of your
control.  However, most ham transceivers are not capable of split tone
operation.

Bob NO6B