I am so glad that Ken let you know all about that one!!  Asking about
RG58 is enough to start a flame war .... RG174 could lead to something
more!  ;)

If I used any form of small cable like RG174, it would be it's double
shielded/teflon cousin (to which I forget its number) at about 5 watts
or less on a mobile repeater/duplexer that I could care less if I had no
power by the time I got to the antenna :)  (This comes from the guy who
has a couple sites that have 1/2" superflex jumpers .... )

James WJ1D