At 1/8/2009 13:19, you wrote:
>The local CAP group has a DB4062 duplexer. (6- 8" cans) Somehow they are
>able to operate a VHF repeater and a packet node all on one antenna using
>this set of BPBR's. Does anyone have an idea as to how they would have
>plumbed the duplexer to make this happen?

Configuring a duplexer for 2 RX & 1 TX isn't too hard at all.  But 2
in-band TXs are a problem, as you need to keep the 2nd TX out of BOTH the
other TX & the RX.  2 RXs don't need much isolation between each other.

My guess is that if all they're using is the duplexer, they may not have
enough isolation between the TXs to prevent generating IMD when both TXs
are up.  It may "work" for them, but it might still be dirty.

Bob NO6B